Monday, November 23, 2009

Calder Valley Fish and Chip Shops - Survey 2009


Over the last few months, I have been conducting my own private survey of the local fish and chip shops so I thought I'd share my findings with you.

The prices are all pretty similar, so I based my assesment on staff friendliness, tastiness and texture of the fish, size of the fish, size of the chips, tastiness of the chips, the tastiness of the mushy peas, and finally, the overall greasiness (for minus points.)

So here goes...

AJs
staff friendliness - 2
tastiness and texture of the fish - 8
size of the fish - 5
size of the chips - 5
tastiness of the chips - 7
the tastiness of the mushy peas - 6
the overall greasiness - minus 3
TOTAL - 30

Crown Fisheries
staff friendliness - 6
tastiness and texture of the fish - 7
size of the fish - 7
size of the chips - 6
tastiness of the chips - 6
the tastiness of the mushy peas - 5
the overall greasiness - minus 4
TOTAL - 33

Burnley Rd - Mytholmroyd
staff friendliness - 8
tastiness and texture of the fish - 4
size of the fish - 6
size of the chips - 9
tastiness of the chips - 8
the tastiness of the mushy peas - 1
the overall greasiness - minus 7
TOTAL - 29

Friendly Fisheries (in Friendly)
staff friendliness - 5
tastiness and texture of the fish - 8
size of the fish - 9
size of the chips - 7
tastiness of the chips - 7
the tastiness of the mushy peas - 5
the overall greasiness - minus 3
TOTAL - 38

So there you have it. This is just my opinion based on a few individual visits and other peoples experiences may vary.

1 comment:

tony said...

UnFriendly Fish!