Part Time Communications Assistant
British Recycled Products
20 hours p/w
£6.12 per hour
Based in our Hebden Bridge office
This is initially a part time role, working 20 hours per week, over 4 or 5 days, but has the scope to expand to full-time.
This post represents an incredible opportunity to work in a relaxed environment for an innovative company at the very front line of digital marketing and communications, whilst learning and developing new skills.
Your role would be to maintain a conversation with our past, current and future customers.
You will already need
- An excellent command of written English
- A general understanding of, and ability to use, Windows programmes
- The ability to think creatively
Your primary role would be updating our presence on numerous websites, blogs and social networking sites, but other areas covered by your role are likely to also include
- Editing HTML on “flat” websites and in templates
- Techniques for efficient use of Adobe Photoshop
- Understanding the importance of forums
- Data extraction and separation
- Advanced targeted email communications
- Managing a Youtube channel and editing video footage
- Understanding and executing Search Engine Optimisation
- Communication with emerging and disruptive technologies
- Graphic design and layout techniques
- Commenting on articles published on third-party websites
- Developing proactive and reactive strategies to competitors activities
- Understanding Cascading Style Sheets
- Managing our eBay shop
- Choosing fonts and colours to appropriate effect
British Recycled Products is the trading arm of Green Refurb Limited. We develop commercially viable construction products and outdoor furniture made from 100% British recycled waste, concentrating on rubber and plastic.
We're an environmentally conscious, customer focused company, driven by the desire to create new products and markets for British waste, saving it from landfill and protecting British jobs.
Our business philosophy
Focus on customer needs
We recognise and accept that change is a sure thing. This provides us with the opportunity to be responsive to customer needs and underpins our flexible approach to finding the best alternative to traditional materials and processes.
Simply provide the best solution
Business decisions are seldom between what's right or wrong but rather, what's good or best. With this in mind, we strive to provide the most sustainable solution to the customer, balanced by a clear understanding that value and quality must always be at the heart of our our decision-making.
Ethics, people and planet
We support open communication at every level and conduct our business with integrity and honesty. We have strong community links and support the Big Green Weekend, an annual event that encourages sustainable thinking.
You will be joining a small office-based team of four people of one director, one office manager, one book-keeper and you. You will be directly responsible to the director. Our office is in an old mill in Hebden Bridge, in between the River Calder and the Rochdale Canal.
The rate of pay would initially be £6.12 per hour for a 20 hour week with all statutory holiday pay. This will be reviewed periodically.
If this sounds like your cup of tea, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance, stating why.